A Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is typically a senior executive within an organisation who’s responsible for establishing and maintaining the enterprise vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected. The CISO directs staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining processes across the enterprise to reduce information and technological risks. They respond to incidents, establish appropriate standards and controls and pay specific attention to the people, processes and technology.
There is an argument that every company should have a CISO but in the real world, this is not always practical. Depending on the size of your business, the cost vs workload factor is simply weighted in one direction meaning a CISO is simply not feasible. One Compliance can bridge that gap by providing a CISO as a service which can be used a little or as often as required. This service primarily reduces the cost, risk and effort for any business.
Whilst the core fundamental Services of a CISO will remain constant, fluidity is a must. This service provides tasks that are typically conducted by a CISO, however this is not an exhaustive list:
- Assistance with implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies
- Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies
- Ensuring business continuity
- Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations
- Managing the IT security team, security experts and advisors
- Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements
- Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies
Please Contact us to arrange a discussion with one of our consultants.